5 Things to Know Today: December 11, 2012
The news in and around Hingham today.
1. Today will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 48 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. It may rain before 9 a.m. so don't forget your rain jacket before leaving for work or school.
2. Tonight at 7 p.m. is the winter Hingham High School band concert at the school’s auditorium. Admission is free.
3. The Hingham Public Schools will hold a book fair on Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
4. Looking for a reason to stay in shape this winter? The first annual DARE TO RUN Road Race will take place on Tuesday, January 1, at 9 a.m. at Hingham High School. This 5K Race will run from the High School into Womaptuck State Park and end back at the High School. Registration information can be found at www.hingham-ma.com or www.HPD.org.
5. Anyone is welcome to attend Bridges by EPOCH off Route 3A next Monday at 4 p.m. for an educational session about the benefits of respite care and how to know when respite is appropriate for your loved one. The session will be hosted by Executive Director Alicia Seaver, a certified memory-care specialist. For more information or to RSVP, please call 781-749-7114.