5 Things to Know Today: November 16, 2012
The news in and around Hingham today.
1. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 49 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. The 12th annual Hingham Holiday Boutique will take place Saturday from 9 am to 4 p.m. at St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church, 172 Main Street. The show features a fabulous selection of juried artisans and vendors, offering many distinctive gifts as well as high quality clothing for men, women and children and unique jewelry and accessories. There will also be holiday trimmings, live bulbs and wreaths. The Gourmet Café will feature both children's and adult lunches, fresh coffee and hot cocoa, and new signature baked goods. Best of all: Santa will be in attendance from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and photos will be available for a small fee.
3. The Fore River Bridge is scheduled to open at 9 a.m. today. Expect delays on Route 3A at this time.
4. On Monday the Hingham Middle School Cultural Enrichment program will bring Improv Boston to the school. They will perform for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders during the school day with their fast-paced interactive comedy show and conduct an afterschool workshop for students interested in expanding the experience.
5. Saturday marks the last Hingham Farmers Market of the season. Head to the Bathing Beach Parking lot from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for your last chance of the year to buy some of the best local goods.