5 Things to Know Today: November 30, 2012
The news in and around Hingham today.
1. The annual Merrie Market at Old Ship Church’s meeting house will take place Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. This event will offer Christmas gifts for purchase and is a kick-off to the Christmas season shopping. See attached photos from last years' event.
2. The Hingham Farmers Market’s holiday market will take place Saturday from 10-2 p.m. at Old Derby Academy.
3. There will be a Christmas Fair and Silent Auction at the Second Parish in Hingham tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. There will be wreaths with all natural decorations, hand sewn and knit items, ornaments and other gifts available.
4. Tickets are still available for tomorrow night’s Festival of the Wreaths Gala at the Black Rock Country Club. The event will include dinner, entertainment and both silent and live auctions to benefit the services provided at no charge to the community by the Cancer Support Community of MA South Shore, a non-profit organization offering support services to cancer patients.
5. Jos. A. Bank is holding a special sale at Hingham’s Derby Street Shoppes location until Sunday. The store is offering a buy one suit, get 7 items free sale, which will include a free Android phone. See the store website for more details.