In my last post I shared my top 5 reasons to join a local Toastmasters club. Today I want to share with you some information about what to expect if you visit a club, specifically if you visit my home club in Hanover. (FYI Clubs also exist in Weymouth, Quincy and Kingston)
Before I joined Toastmasters I imagined a stuffy atmosphere that included mostly men wearing suits. Attending my first meeting proved that theory wrong. In fact, Toastmasters offers a safe, friendly environment for speakers of all levels to practice and improve their public speaking skills.
Here are a few things you can expect if you visit (and I hope you do!) the Hanover Toastmasters:
- Warm welcome. The members of the Hanover Toastmasters are 100% committed to their involvement in the club. As a result we all welcome guests and members the same – with a handshake and a smile. Our guests frequently return for a 2nd visit and become members after that.
- Variety of speakers and speaking levels. Our club includes professional speakers as well as folks who have a personal mission to improve their communication and leadership skills. We all learn from each other.
- Inspiration. As a speaker you choose your speaking topic. As a result I’ve been inspired by the personal lives and accomplishment of fellow members. I’ve learned how to taste wine properly and I once demonstrated how to make hummus in under 7 minutes. You walk away with new knowledge and a jolt of inspiration.
- Entertainment. One thing I can promise for sure if you visit the Hanover Toastmasters – you will laugh at least once at each meeting. :-)
- Information. You will leave with an experience that makes you want to return, as well as all the information you need to become a member (Affordable membership fee applies). Our members are knowledgable and available to answer your questions before and after a meeting.
A special invitation. Come experience Hanover Toastmasters for yourself and decide if it's the right fit for you. Our next meeting is December 5, 6pm, 2036 Washington St Hanover. Can you join us? I’d love to meet you and introduce you to this wonderful organization.
Hanover not convenient? Remember, Quincy, Weymouth and Kingston have active clubs as well. Visit Toastmasters International to search for a club near you. Have questions? Get in touch with me by email email@example.com. I'm happy to answer your questions.