1. Today will be sunny with a high near 40 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Many people who live at Linden Ponds have been raving about Chef de Cuisine Natale Umbro’s Italian sauce for years. The recipe, which has been passed down in his family for over a 100 years, has been a big hit with the residents during dinner. Now he is selling it at Linden Ponds and over the first few days they sold out of three cases of his sauce.
3. Frank Strauss of Hingham recently attended the 30th annual Jimmy Fund Classic at The International Golf Club in Bolton, Mass. to help Jimmy Fund Golf celebrate raising more than $6.4 million in 2012.
4. Heather Rodríguez, The Director of the Hingham School Counseling Department will present an overview of Naviance, a tool used by students and families to assist with the college search/application process and career options. Anyone is welcome to attend this informative session today from 8:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m in Room 103 at Hingham High School.
5. Hingham High School was one of 16 schools that have advanced to compete on season four of "High School Quiz Show," WGBH’s academic quiz show hosted by Billy Costa. The show will premiere on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6:30pm on WGBH 2. Hingham will compete against:
Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
Advanced Math and Science Academy Public Charter School
Brookline High School
Chelmsford High School
Framingham High School
Hopkinton High School
Lexington High School
Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
Needham High School
North Quincy High School
Rockport High School
Sharon High School
Somerville High School
Wachusett Regional High School
Wellesley High School