Hingham police are still investigating an attempted house break and possible home break-in in West Hingham last week.
Last Tuesday afternoon at around 1 p.m., Hingham police were dispatched to a home in the 100 block of Fort Hill Street for a possible house break.
Hingham Police said the Fort Hill Street resident arrived home and saw a male walk from her property to the nearby cemetery. The suspect is described as a white male, wearing jeans and gray hooded sweatshirt with the hood up
The homeowner lost sight of the male while she was on the phone with the police and when they arrived they were unable to locate the suspect.
Police confirmed nothing was stolen from the home and said there was no sign of forced entry into the home. The homeowner believed her home was entered because her gate was closed and her front door was unlocked, which is not how she left them, police said.
Police believe the suspect entered through an unlocked side door and left out the front door when the homeowner pulled in.
While at the home, officers were sent to a nearby home on Beal Street, near West Street for an attempted house break where the homeowner arrived home and found the rear kitchen window shattered.
Police said they found a rock on the kitchen floor and the window had been broken just under the window lock.
Police believe the homeowner's audible alarm scared the suspect or suspects away and no entry was gained. Police said the vandalism was caused between 12:15 to 1:15 p.m.
Anyone with information about either incident should contact either Officer John Walden or Officer Nicholas Smith at 781-749-1212.