For avid knitting and crocheting buffs or individuals looking to learn the craft, the Creative Stitch meets every need. Since 2001, the charming Hingham Square store has provided a variety of colored and textured yarns, unique buttons, patterns, notions, tools, and topical books for sale. The staff has also fostered amateur knitters and crocheters by offering friendly support and advice, and by teaching a number of classes throughout the year. You can take more specific workshops focusing on techniques such as weaving entrelac and dyeing, or working with lace and buttonholes. Drop-in classes are held throughout the week, and private lessons can be arranged. Yarn and supplies also can be purchased online.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Yarns, buttons, notions, knitting and crocheting tools and accessories
- Services: Classes, Shipping
- Return policy: 60 days with a receipt for store credit only
- Parking: On-street: free